Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery
(06-02-2019, 09:57 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: I don't have any Healing Moves or moves generally among my Pokemon that require Will since Heal Bell and even my bird's Roost use a normal Accu Roll, lolz - so I don't really care. If it comes to a tie though, then I vote for testing it out.

The change will affect moves that have an effect of triggering a Basic or Complete Heal, so Roost would be affected by it, requiring 1 Will to be spent after it is successfully used in that case.
WHAT?!

I'm still up to test this whole Will-for-Healing thing out.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I'm against the idea of Will-Based Healing, for the reasons I've already outlined. Since this is a test game, however, I am willing to accept it on the sole premise of seeing it in action and to let you get concrete data on it Dragonstrike.

However, in that event, I'd like to request I get the chance to do one of the following:
- Refund the XP cost of the Recovery Moves on my Pokemon that have them (Or get something from them, if I didn't spend XP on them in the first place), as I still stand by my statement of not wanting to test out the system myself if I have to, and this change was not something I could anticipate in character creation.
- Ran having at least one or two of those Berry Pots and a single Leppa Berry, so that he can at least grow/build his own Will Base Restoratives at a slow rate. I'll even slash his starting budget and take other penalties if it means I can have a means to better manage/control Will Point management.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
I'll discuss that with you in a PM, @Lord Windos.

--------------------------------

Okay, so it seems that we're generally in favor of testing the Will Point healing for now.  I'll edit that into the first post in this thread.

---------------------------------

Let me also reiterate a point the book makes on Page 35.  The note is more for the storyteller than the players, but I think it's an important thing to say in this scenario as well.

Pokerole is not a game that's just about rules and mechanics.

It's about drama, roleplaying, and having fun in the pokemon world in whatever ways it offers.  Battles and the associated mechanics are but one aspect of it.

When my main game rolls around, that's a point that I would really like to emphasize, which is a big reason why I'm bringing back the Social Attributes and Contest Skill.  You all have some wonderful characters, and I can't wait to see them in action on and off the battlefield as they navigate the things I have planned.

It's also why I'm going to do my best to try and make this an enjoyable experience.  As the game was not originally designed with play-by-post sessions in mind, I'll work on tweaking the Will based healing mechanics to be more suitable for what we're doing.  While the rules are important to provide necessary structure, they are flexible.

In addition, Rowan didn't just hire Randolph, Karen, and Spirit's character to help with this job.  He also recruited an NPC who I hope will be very helpful for this adventure, and will hopefully ease some of the tension this new rule is creating.

Between our four players and this NPC, I'm reasonably confident that this test game's challenges will all be manageable.
Everyone check your character sheets: In light of the recent rule change/addition, I've set all pokemon and trainers' Will to 7 for the start of this adventure.

I've also made the appropriate edits in the first post of this thread to reflect the mechanical changes.
Can I see what you've cooked up for a character sheet template? Or are you just going free form?
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Have a question concerning your campaign, Dragonstrike: Where will the party start their journey? In Snowpoint City, or outside Mt. Coronet? I ask because I'm curious, and that our start location will give us an idea of how much effort it'll take to start our collective's exploration of the mysterious mountain's moodiness....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(06-02-2019, 06:06 PM)Iron Wrote: Can I see what you've cooked up for a character sheet template? Or are you just going free form?

I'll send you a link to it in a PM.  Windos made the basic template, and then I modified it a little to suit what was going to be applied to the campaign.
(06-02-2019, 06:08 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Have a question concerning your campaign, Dragonstrike: Where will the party start their journey? In Snowpoint City, or outside Mt. Coronet? I ask because I'm curious, and that our start location will give us an idea of how much effort it'll take to start our collective's exploration of the mysterious mountain's moodiness....

The adventure is going to begin in Snowpoint City.  That should hopefully give everyone enough time to adjust to the system's mechanics (and possibly each other) before we head into the dungeon proper.  Routes 216 and 217 shouldn't be difficult to traverse, and there'll also be the option to sightsee at Lake Acuity before heading out.

IC reason for the starting point: to help keep the mission a secret from the cities immediately around Mt. Coronet, so as not to raise any more reason for concern among the populace for the time being.
(06-02-2019, 06:11 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 06:06 PM)Iron Wrote: Can I see what you've cooked up for a character sheet template? Or are you just going free form?

I'll send you a link to it in a PM.  Windos made the basic template, and then I modified it a little to suit what was going to be applied to the campaign.

Thanks for the credit, mate! I believe I made the template on request/as a token of friendliness for Dragonstrike when he was talking about needing Custom CSs . Took a bit of work and creativity, but I'm happy with the results as a whole, and I'm glad you did too!

(06-02-2019, 06:14 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 06:08 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Have a question concerning your campaign, Dragonstrike: Where will the party start their journey? In Snowpoint City, or outside Mt. Coronet? I ask because I'm curious, and that our start location will give us an idea of how much effort it'll take to start our collective's exploration of the mysterious mountain's moodiness....

The adventure is going to begin in Snowpoint City.  That should hopefully give everyone enough time to adjust to the system's mechanics (and possibly each other) before we head into the dungeon proper.  Routes 216 and 217 shouldn't be difficult to traverse, and there'll also be the option to sightsee at Lake Acuity before heading out.

IC reason for the starting point: to help keep the mission a secret from the cities immediately around Mt. Coronet, so as not to raise any more reason for concern among the populace for the time being.

Alright! That means the party gets to brave tundra/tiaga weather, and possibly get into non-Quest Battles/Events! Looking forward to it all! Also like the fact our charas. get to socialize a bit, but I'm not too sure if mine will be all that outgoing unless someone(s) drags him into such bonding activites (Though if you offer to go out drinking prior to the quest, he'll certainly accept, mates!).

Good reasoning! I'm kinda surprised Snowpoint/People living near Mt. Coronet don't already know something is up with the large landmark, and haven't gotten to spreading that fact/more concrete details far and wide via rumor mogering/Jubalife news, unless the local League/Gov and Rowan have been doing their darnest to surpress all that.