Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Anime
*Note that this post does have spoilers*
I'm not sure how many people watch the anime, but I do and I really enjoy it!

I've watched just about every single episode and I really liked the progression of the series. The Original series was really good, though it was a little slow for my tastes. Advanced Generation was good, but I felt that Ash didn't catch enough Pokemon for the actual length of the series. Diamond and Pearl, Best Wishes and X were all awesome, and I really enjoyed every single episode. The series really declined with the beginning of Sun and Moon, but the series really picked up towards the end. The Manalo Conference was actually very well done, and Ash finally became the champion of a region.

That brings me to the new series. It's definitely far by my favourite as they bought in an entirely new character who is actually fulfilling the "Gotta catch em all" tag line. Go's been catching Pokemon left, right and center, and what I really like about all of that is that he actually interacts with them.

Ash on the other hand, has his own aspirations to defeat Leon and become the strongest trainer in the world, and he's started to catch some pretty impressive Pokemon to do that. He used his mom's Mr Mime in one of the episodes (though it's unclear as to whether Mimey is actually a part of his team, I'm inclined to think it is), he caught a Dragonite, and he caught a Gengar. I was a little disappointed to see that his team is legit just Gen 1 pokemon, but it looks like he's gonna end up getting a riolu or sobble in the episode releasing on 12/04/2020 which I think is great.

That brings me to a question for any of the others who watch the anime. What else do you think he'll get? It'd be great if he doesn't just get a handful and he actually gets a bunch of Pokemon from all the regions just so that they don't put too much emphasis on any one region.
I'm no one special. Also, here's a pupper pic:
[Image: image0.jpg]
Can't really say anythhing about that topic as I haven't been following the WHOLE PKMN Anime since I more or less completely skipped anything past the Gen.2 Arc; 'only' the Sun/Moon Arc caught me enough to watch some Episodes again. Those are actually quite good and enjoyable to watch.

That, and if I remember correctly, @Spiritmon's been following the whole series. Haven't you?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(04-10-2020, 08:18 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Can't really say anythhing about that topic as I haven't been following the WHOLE PKMN Anime since I more or less completely skipped anything past the Gen.2 Arc; 'only' the Sun/Moon Arc caught me enough to watch some Episodes again. Those are actually quite good and enjoyable to watch.

That, and if I remember correctly, @Spiritmon's been following the whole series. Haven't you?

Not exatcly the WHOLE series, but I been catching a few episodes here and there. Didnt watch the whole Sun/Moon Arc because of, ahem, traumatic experience with XYZ *Looking at Greninja vs Charizard*. But I do watch the Pokemon League in Sun and Moon and was surprised in see Ash actually manage to win after years! It was one of the few moments I was gladly to be wrong.

I didnt watch the new Arc of SnS Pokemon anime, but its been very good so far. The animation is far superior to the animation in Sun and Moon (who after the animation of XYZ I think it was a downgrade), and the battles as been very cool too. And to see Ash catch his first Ghost-type as been cool to see. And a Dragonite? Awesome too! And the backstory of that Gengar is pretty sad and how it become now a friend of our trainer? Pretty amazing.

And yes, I curious in see how Ash will capture that Lucario, since I already mentioned before it is my favorite Steel-type Pokemon and my second favorite Pokemon of all time.

So yeah, the Anime SnS is pretty much interesting. Far better than the games at the moment, as crazy this sounds.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(04-10-2020, 09:23 AM)Spiritmon Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 08:18 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Can't really say anythhing about that topic as I haven't been following the WHOLE PKMN Anime since I more or less completely skipped anything past the Gen.2 Arc; 'only' the Sun/Moon Arc caught me enough to watch some Episodes again. Those are actually quite good and enjoyable to watch.

Not exatcly the WHOLE series, but I been catching a few episodes here and there. Didnt watch the whole Sun/Moon Arc because of, ahem, traumatic experience with XYZ *Looking at Greninja vs Charizard*. But I do watch the Pokemon League in Sun and Moon and was surprised in see Ash actually manage to win after years! It was one of the few moments I was gladly to be wrong.

I didnt watch the new Arc of SnS Pokemon anime, but its been very good so far. The animation is far superior to the animation in Sun and Moon (who after the animation of XYZ I think it was a downgrade), and the battles as been very cool too. And to see Ash catch his first Ghost-type as been cool to see. And a Dragonite? Awesome too! And the backstory of that Gengar is pretty sad and how it become now a friend of our trainer? Pretty amazing.

And yes, I curious in see how Ash will capture that Lucario, since I already mentioned before it is my favorite Steel-type Pokemon and my second favorite Pokemon of all time.

So yeah, the Anime SnS is pretty much interesting. Far better than the games at the moment, as crazy this sounds.
Yeah I'd really like him to get a Lucario. It's an awesome pokemon. Wouldn't complain it it's a Sobble or Grookey though. Those are awesome too. Also, I don't think it should be called a Sword/Shield series because it's mostly taking place in Kanto lol. But I'm still really loving the series.

Also, that thing with Greninja vs Charizard? I feel you man xD. I was so sure he'd win...
Yeah...at least they are going around other regions instead of just Kanto. Most happen in Kanto but there are times of other regions.

I gladly I not the only one who feel that pain ;-;

The worse thing about it is they put clues Ash would win the Kalos League back in that time. They built all the hyping and....Greninja lost after summon a Fuc*** Giant Shuriken. I can kinda understand Charizard survive a Water move in his Mega Form because he becomes Fire/Dragon, so he received neutral damage to Water moves.

But Greninja not survive a Fire Move despite be Water type?! He should have resistance to Fire! Where is the logic?! He survive one of the most powerful Grass-Type move and survive for Arceus sake!

*Sigh* At least see Pikachu fight a Legendary Pokemon such as Tapu Koko and beat him on a epic Z-Move Clash was pretty awesome, and make up to Ash become the first Champion of Alola.
(04-10-2020, 12:43 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Yeah...at least they are going around other regions instead of just Kanto. Most happen in Kanto but there are times of other regions.

I gladly I not the only one who feel that pain ;-;

The worse thing about it is they put clues Ash would win the Kalos League back in that time. They built all the hyping and....Greninja lost after summon a Fuc*** Giant Shuriken. I can kinda understand Charizard survive a Water move in his Mega Form because he becomes Fire/Dragon, so he received neutral damage to Water moves.

But Greninja not survive a Fire Move despite be Water type?! He should have resistance to Fire! Where is the logic?! He survive one of the most powerful Grass-Type move and survive for Arceus sake!

*Sigh* At least see Pikachu fight a Legendary Pokemon such as Tapu Koko and beat him on a epic Z-Move Clash was pretty awesome, and make up to Ash become the first Champion of Alola.
Yeah... I loved the ending for sun and moon, but everything leading up to that wasn't that great imo. And while I really liked Litten's whole plotline, I didn't hugely like that it evolved into Incineroar literally at the end.
Me and you mate. I like the ending of Sun and Moon too. But honestly? It could have been better if they have put that ending in XY. That series was far better. But, at least SnS as been good.
(04-10-2020, 02:17 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Me and you mate. I like the ending of Sun and Moon too. But honestly? It could have been better if they have put that ending in XY. That series was far better. But, at least SnS as been good.
Definitely. But I really liked the direction they took XYZ. Alain is fucking amazing.
Yeah. At least that. And his Charizard was freaking powerful. They literally fight against all Mega Pokemon that was to fight.
Welp, looks like Ash did get himself a Riolu. Kinda leads me to think that either Ash is gonna use a proper mega evolution, or that there's a G-Max Lucario coming with Isle of Armour or Crown Tundra. Maybe even a regional Lucario. I'm not sure, but I feel like Riolu could be his Gen 8 Rockruff.