Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
The mons in the Hedge Maze are used to battling - sometimes during the year they even have Triwizard-style challenges in this maze.

I'd think this battle would make good use of cover and navigation! The tall mons can attack over the hedge, Furret can weasel between them, and Spritzee can perch atop them, so there's more room than you'd think!
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(11-08-2020, 02:40 PM)Iron Wrote: "You're the League's poster child. The golden boy. Even more than Anaster, these days. Help me get out of Creshire and I'll call it even between us."

Nathan sighs.  He had a feeling she'd say that...

"You say that like I'm doing what I am for the League's sake.  I'm not.  My first concern is for the wellbeing of the region and those who call it home, both people and pokemon.  It's not an easy task..."

"Getting you out of the region wouldn't be particularly hard, however.  Leaving without much warning, though...you might leave some things unresolved.  People you know might get worried if they don't hear from you for awhile.  Like your brother, maybe?  I could help you with leaving the region unnoticed, but are you sure that's the best thing in the long term?"

Nathan casually tosses an ultra ball up with one hand, then stares at it for a moment after he catches hit.  He takes a deep breath before he looks to Kelda and continues.  "If you want to take the easy path and run from your problems, I won't stop you.  But if you'd like to fix any them, I'm probably your best shot at doing so, honestly.  Due to the nature of my goals, I'll probably be encountering your brother soon.  Which is why I wanted to hear some of your thoughts on what's been going on recently.  That's the other reason I sought you out.  But if you'd rather leave, well, I suppose that answers my questions too.  So, what'll it be?"
(11-08-2020, 02:47 PM)Iron Wrote: The mons in the Hedge Maze are used to battling - sometimes during the year they even have Triwizard-style challenges in this maze.

I'd think this battle would make good use of cover and navigation! The tall mons can attack over the hedge, Furret can weasel between them, and Spritzee can perch atop them, so there's more room than you'd think!

Triwizard-style challenges! This sounds cool as heck.

Oh the excitement over the grassy Gogoat and huuuuuge Exeggutor expressing their willingness to have a friendly battle! \(^V^)/ In a swift movement two Pokeballs are tossed: From one a loooooong and dexterous Furret unrolls, from another comes a scent as sweet and as flowerly as the Pokemon that gives off said scent: It's a tiny and very pink Spritzee!~ Shiva looks very enraptured by this smol fairy of hers.

Behind that cloud of perfume lies insecurity however, Shiva can feel that much. Encouraged by the fae-enthusiast as well as the confidence the weasely battle companion radiates as if it too was a scent however, Spritzee will make sure to give her best on this first practical experience! This....huuuge and taaaall tree of a foe looks intimidating and strong, yet Spritzee doesn't falter under this looming. She must have instinctively understood that this tree is partly a dragon, and that she's a FAIRY! ( ÒωÓ)و☆

An intimidating exposure of his horns from Gogoat's side marks the beginning of this fight - Exeggutor cackles eeriely as he hauls off. Just when he's at the point of lunging forward with his whole head/crown/treetop an eager chirp is heard and something directly SLAMS!!1! into Exegg's lower body: What's looks like a tightly curled-up furball is actually Furret, he uncurls and smiles very mischievously mid-air as the big dragontree-mon staggers back out of suprise from being hit so hard. Indeed, going me-first is a lot of fun and a wonderful way to catch confident foes off-guard!~ Especially when you're able to display a stunning performance of this strategy and you're trained to do breathtakingly well on stage, hehehe!~ (◕‿◕) As both Spritzee and Shiva admire (or chuckle over) this ace up in the sleeve, Shiva's Perform Speciality gains +1 for 24XP. It's on 5 points now, maxed out!

Giving himself unimpressed by that sudden strike Gogoat charges forward to seek revenge on that furry weasel, his horns ready to suck a good amount of energy from the extraordinarily long body. Spritzee chirps in eager, swings herself forward and bravey into the way, and then places a kiss just as sweet as her aroma onto the grassy goat's nose. Looks like an easy crit and convincing charming given that Shiva's Allure Speciality is already at its max! Gogoat looses concetration and slams his impressing horns into the hedge instead of into Furret. Amused chuckling is heard.

Enraged as a tree can be Exeggutor aims to strike back by releasing a calming even tiring gaze from all three heads at that annoying longbody-mon, Furret misses looking away by just a beat and comes to a landing atop of one of the hedges, snoozing peacefully. This turn of events startles smol Spritzee who now feels alone and vulnerable, on Shiva's word however she releases a gust of wind that's brimmingly full of the pinkest of pink fairy dust at the attacker - once more Exeggutor staggers, caught off-guard by ANOTHER supper effective attack. Gogaot meanwhile continues to wonder about the meaning of that sweet kiss and accidently trips over his own hooves.

This marks the end of Round 1, and with it Spritzee's overwhelming aroma engulfs the own side of the battlefield. Furret sniffs in his sleep, rolls around and goes 'awwww!~', then flashes his beady eyes open and leaps off the hedge to Spritzee's side! The two share a thankful and happy smile. Spritzee's Healer Ability at its finest.

Exeggutor now seems to loose it. He, a mighty and proud dragontree, has been humiliated by a longbody and pink thing, now way he'll let them get away like that!! ヽ( `д´*)ノHe tries a Wood Hammer this time, obviously at that nasty Furret. Him having leapt back atop of a hedge and displaying himself as THE target to hit right here appears pointless... Until Gogoat has gotten a hang of himself again, and aims to get Furret down the hedge by ramming it with his horns in full zen mode!! The hedge shakes dangerously, Furret dives into its leafage for cover, Spritzee tries to follow but ends up being stopped from doing so as a Confusion that was aimed at Furret his her instead. Eeeek! (>A< ) Immediately a Potion brings her back to being a semi-healthy perfume-y fairy.

The battle rages on and on, thanks to Furret's confident display of a fury of swipes and scratches, iron-y tails and quick-as-lighting attacks the HP of Gogoat and Exeggutor melt away. For a dramatic final act Furret takes a graceful stance atop of one of the hedges, raises to his full size and holds smol Spritzee as high and as directly into the spotlight as possible - Having such a decent helping hand, Spritzee captures the moment and releases a MASSIVE wave of pink and sparkling fairy dust in a gust of wind: It hits Exeggutor into the face of all three heads and causes Gogoat to sneeze loudly. They both stagger back and lower their head/heads, displaying their defeat and signaling honour towards the furry weasel and sweetish bird (Well, Gogoat moreso than Exeggutor) Said weasel and fairy bird cheer and eagerly return the embrace Shiva pulls them into. Being showered with love and compliments over the won battle and job well done feels as sweet as Spritzee's aroma. ❤

Exeggutor turns out to be fed up, he huffs and staggers away as quickly as a dragontree can after having snatched the offered Nanab Berries Shiva offers. Gogoat voices a melodic goat-like laugh, accepts his share of Nanab Berries and a Potion from Shiva's hands and lets Furret and Spritzee play fetch on his back as Shiva lovingly pets the huge grassy creature. Such a nice and gentle Gogoat! ❤ Shiva and her Pokemon wave him a thanks and goodbye as she makes a turn to head to the Pokemon Center for a quick healing.

Furret enjoys weaseling close to Shiva as they go while Spritzee has made herself a makeshift yet comfortable rest in Shiva's bag. Halfway the way an excited chirping startles fae-enthusiasts and longbody, Spritzee leaps out of the bag a split second later and perchs on Shiva's shoulder. She (Spritzee) looks incredibly happy and starts to hums a pleasant melody into her caretaker's ears and a sugary scent into her nose. "Huh, having found something you like, my dear one?~ Let me see, will you...?" The perfume-y bird gladly displays her find she's securely holding in her beak:
[Image: Bag_Aromatic_Herb_Sprite.png]
"Oh, do you like this specific herb? ☆(^v^ ) Now wonder given how exotic it smells, haha! ❤ I found it deeeeeep down the Safari Zone, and couldn't get myself to not take a few leaves of this plant with me. *gentle patting of Spritzee* What this nice plant can be used for I don't know.... But if you like it, you can certainly keep a hold of it for a while, yes!! Take good care of it, will you?~" (Now counts as Spritzee's Held Item)

(Quick question... How possible is it actually for Shiva to get her hands on a Trade Stone Almanac created? Would a clerk at a store be able to tell her + the potential price of one? I'm still pondering how to evolve Spritzee in a fun scene, keeping options open.)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
"Have you heard from him??? I think the best thing to do for my brother right now is just to wait. If you see him, tell him I'll see him soon. Maybe in a few months or something."

"I didn't mention the League because I think it will motive you. I mention the League because I think they will look upon any of your actions in the best light possible. They'll grant you any favor you ask - and my biggest problem is getting my Pokemon PC boxes transferred. The PC technology is incredibly impressive - the various Scimitar organizations tried for years to replicate it without an ounce of success. Others before them tried as well. Nor the similar Pokecenter technology. It cannot be replicated. There are no people, nor group of people, who can equate to another Bill, another Joy family. It cannot be hacked. But Bill, at the League's command, can see international transfers, and it might raise suspicion. My first task for you would be to receive all but six of my most loyal Pokemon in trades. Make it known that you are traveling to another region with a plausible excuse. Send them all overseas. Then help me FLY to another region and trade them all back."
Current project:
Your combat writing is getting so good! That is the funniest Helping Hand ever.

Almanac's trade stones weren't too expensive, but now they've been driven underground. The price for their most pure stones is now $4000 - purer stones have the lowest chance of reducing Happiness (and no chance of reducing Loyalty). It's kind of like the Bitter Herbs.
Current project:
(11-14-2020, 08:11 PM)Iron Wrote: "Have you heard from him??? I think the best thing to do for my brother right now is just to wait. If you see him, tell him I'll see him soon. Maybe in a few months or something."

"I didn't mention the League because I think it will motive you. I mention the League because I think they will look upon any of your actions in the best light possible. They'll grant you any favor you ask - and my biggest problem is getting my Pokemon PC boxes transferred. The PC technology is incredibly impressive - the various Scimitar organizations tried for years to replicate it without an ounce of success. Others before them tried as well. Nor the similar Pokecenter technology. It cannot be replicated. There are no people, nor group of people, who can equate to another Bill, another Joy family. It cannot be hacked. But Bill, at the League's command, can see international transfers, and it might raise suspicion.  My first task for you would be to receive all but six of my most loyal Pokemon in trades. Make it known that you are traveling to another region with a plausible excuse. Send them all overseas. Then help me FLY to another region and trade them all back."

Nathan addresses the latter part first since it's the easier of the two answers.  "Well, I wasn't planning to take a trip to a foreign region so soon, but I was thinking about making a trip to Sinnoh at some point.  Maybe Unova as well.  Have a few possible contacts in both regions that I'd like to meet with in the future.  Kind of want to make sure things have settled down here a little first before going anywhere, but what you're requesting would definitely be doable.  I don't really need to come up with any special excuses as long as Creshire's not on fire.  Figuratively speaking."

He keeps that response and theorizing relatively brief, because this isn't one of the main topics he came here to talk with Kelda about.  Her brother is a far more pressing matter right now.

"As for your brother, I haven't heard from him yet, no.  I have no idea how much he might know about our brief partnership during that alien invasion.  But as I said, there's a chance I might run into him soon.  Scimitar activity has been picking up again recently according to Dagny, and I'm going to be getting involved in rather major events that I suspect the Water Scimitars might have had more than a hand in, possibly as soon as this week or the next.  As of right now, I can't guarantee things will go well if I meet him on the battlefield.  Best case scenario: he ends up in jail for association with the Scimitars, and that's if he's not played a major role in anything illegal."

He frowns as he recalls what he knows of a similar situation someone he knows is in.  "If you leave the region now, you'll be cut off from your brother, have no say in or knowledge of what might happen to him while you're gone.  I currently have little reason to think he'll be as receptive as you were to what I may have to say.  The Water Scimitars aren't likely to be looked upon by the League as favorably as the Earth Scimitars either since they didn't directly help with fighting Deoxys."  

He looks at Kelda dead on, a resolved look in his eyes.  "That's the other reason I decided to seek you out, however.  You have a chance to make a difference here.  To help him more directly.  I can tell you care a lot about him and think rather highly of him, and you probably know him better than anyone else.  If I can help with making sure your family doesn't fall apart in some way, then I'd be glad to do so.  We don't always have to fight for the big ideas and the good of the world.  Sometimes, all you need to do to make everything around you better is live the best life you can.  And if there's anything redeemable about your brother, I want to make sure those qualities come to light.  It may lessen whatever punishment might be in store for him if and when he's apprehended.  I probably can't do it alone, though.  I'll need your help.  And if you can help me with that, maybe there's more we can help each other with, too.  You might be able to help me make Creshire a better place, one step at a time."

Hopefully that gives Kelda a little more to think about.  It's only one puzzle piece, but if Nathan can get that one piece in place, the rest of the big picture might begin to fall into place much more easily than before.  Every journey starts with a single step, and every plan has something that needs to be done first...

It all boils down to this one question:

"Are you still sure that running away is the best course of action, Kelda?"
She's silent for a good long while. It's clear she has thought through her plan of running away and, until this moment, felt very committed to it.

"What would you have me do if I stayed?"

A simple sentence, but it cost her a lot to ask it.
Current project:
(11-14-2020, 08:20 PM)Iron Wrote: Your combat writing is getting so good! That is the funniest Helping Hand ever. (...)
dksladsklathankyou ☆(^//^ )
4000$P for one of these trade stones dounds affordable and doable, I'll keep that in mind.

Is there anything more of interest within that hedge maze for Shiva or her Pokemon to check out? Like some unique plants, specific spots within the maze, other curiosities. If there isn't, she'll head straight towards its center to Telperion's infamous Library, introducing herself at the counter as a potential new student and asking for permission to look through the various sectors and bookshelfs for various researches.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I can always come up with more cool stuff to go inside a hedge maze, but there's nothing else here that's plot relevant or helpful.

"If you aren't a student, you are welcome to read any books you like, but you can't check them out. They must remain in the library."
However, you do see Ansa curled up in one of the comfy chairs that adorn this room. You could probably get her to check out a book for you.
Current project:
(11-15-2020, 01:26 PM)Iron Wrote: She's silent for a good long while. It's clear she has thought through her plan of running away and, until this moment, felt very committed to it.

"What would you have me do if I stayed?"

A simple sentence, but it cost her a lot to ask it.

And it's exactly the kind of response that Nathan was hoping for.  Now he can transition into talking about some of his own plans.

"Well, initially, the only thing I want to ask for your help with is talking to your brother.  I'm hoping that having you around will make that easier.  And if that goes well, there's a larger, sort of related project that Heart is working on that you might be able to help us with as well.  That's not a request I'm making right now, though.  My main concern is your brother currently.  If I can avoid fighting him and hurting you both, I'd very much like to do so.  However I manage that, it'll probably have to be done carefully, but I'm trying to remain optimistic."

"There's also some environmental projects I'm working on as well that I could use a little help with later.  You still have that Key Stone the League gave you, right?  If you help me with one of my projects later, you could get a nice pokemon out of it."

"Beyond that, though, I'd also like to just...get to know you and your brother better, I guess.  I'd love to have a chance to work with you more so that can happen.  You're...different from a lot of people I've met.  In a good way, I mean.  You went out of your way to try and bring up a topic or two I might be interested in hearing about to try and break the ice.  So...I want to hear more.  Even if you don't help me with those other projects, I'd still like to stay in touch with you.  If that's okay, anyways...*ahem*...but, uh, if you'd rather vanish as well once we've addressed the issue of your brother, that's cool too.  I'm not gonna hold you to any of this right now.  But I really do want to try and help you...and your brother.  Working with me might even get you in the League's good books.  And I could have your back if things start going south with the Scims.  Think about it?"