Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
(01-25-2021, 03:19 PM)Iron Wrote: Does Delta Houndoom exist in the other campaigns?

At my request, it does in Shattered Earth!  Mostly because the character I'm playing in SE is Natalia, Nathan's daughter, and No One likes crossovers.  There's a few timey wimey shenanigans involved to justify the character's presence in the campaign, though. (Thanks again for working with me on that, No One!) Before the game even began, Natalia ended up separated from the D-Houndour that her dad had given her as her first pokemon, so her first major goal is to find them and keep them out of trouble!

No D-Houndour in Primal Shadows as of yet, but there's always a chance I could decide to add it or other pokemon from Skull Ruins in later.
Interesting...along with Nathan there are others members of the Skull Ruins?
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(01-25-2021, 06:59 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Interesting...along with Nathan there are others members of the Skull Ruins?

No, it's just Natalia that's in SE.  And it's unlikely we'll see Natalia here in SR because that's very much future events that are outside the scope of this campaign.
Oh, thanks guys. I was kinda thrown off when clicking the notification took me to the Skull Ruins meta thread, lol. Yeah, Natalia's a character in the campaign. When I asked Dragon if he'd be interested to play in SE, he said that he'd think about it, and eventually he came back asked me if I'd be cool with him using someone linked to SR. As Dragon said, I love crossovers, so I worked with him on it, and I attributed any changes/irregularities/inconsistencies to time travel/alternate realities and other weirdy space bendy shit like that. He then asked if it was cool for him to use the Delta Houndour that came up in SR, and I was open to that, but I made it something that Natalia would encounter later on rather than a starter cos I wanted everyone to use three stage mons as their starters. I'm really flexible when it comes to that kind of stuff, (though restrictive in many other ways, as you could probably see if you were to read through the game channel in our discord server) so I was more than happy to put it in. Kinda sad that I joined the community too late to join SR, but I assume there will be other campaigns that I could get involved in, so that's all good. Still haven't caught up with reading the Skull Ruins campaign, but it'll happen soon.
I'm no one special. Also, here's a pupper pic:
[Image: image0.jpg]
.......Okay, I really don't want to be the one to ask this, but......is the Skull Ruins campaign done? As in 'we're all done with it' done? Because quite frankly I don't really see this game going anyway fast or slow anytime soon now in days, especially when Dragonstrike's MD campaign is sucking up everyone's free time for the forums (and its slow going there too, relatively speaking). Even if we suddenly decide to start rushing things forward here and put a stall on other forum games.....I just think this campaign has more or less reached its end point after Genesect's Revival, with only the epilogue and maybe some bonus content far down the line still waiting to be done.

Or at least for me it has. Ventus is pretty much never going to make a comeback again unless we want to bring back disfunction junction to the party, and Terra has plenty to worry about between his own research and quest for purpose (and not a lot of time to do either) now that the group's adventure is 'done' and they can more or less fend for themselves without him looking after them so closely. I've never been the biggest RPer by myself too (need to bounce off a given scene or another player's post to get the ball rolling most of the time), so most of this whole 'Make Your Own Story' thing hasn't tickled my fancy and has left me floudering what to do with all this 'freedom to write' . That, and If I'm going to be doing the bulk of writing for a given scene and it's outcome now, I might as well go and make my own campaign or pick up my hobbyist writings again. I also feel that without Dice Mechanics and a rigid day-to-day sequences has ironically made progress more sluggish than without them, which doubly compounds my problems with the post campaign. And since we're all so busy IRL and with other projects now in days, I don't see things speeding back up even if Iron was interested in bring back the Dice and Day Schedules .

Kinda feel that they're done with the game too, or at least with this portion of it before the League Challenge and maybe whatever they have planned for Mesprit and the remnants of Team Scimitar (both parts of it). I don't see the campaign getting to those points soon, unless everyone is willing to truncates their current plotlines and review what the hecky they had been planning long term to prepare for the future .

*Sighs* ...For a long time I've felt that the game HAS ended for me, and have just been drifting along in the wake of others trying to find something to recapture the flames of passion I felt. I don't think that's going to be changing for me, so perhaps I should just wrap things up, leave some final instructions for my characters, and then pull out of the campaign altogether. Hate to see my active part in it come to an close, but if I'm doing nothing in it and can't find anything to do that wouldn't take ages IC and OOC it would be for the best, perhaps.

So yeah....is the campaign done, mates?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
To be quite honest...I think I feel the same. I don't feel the same burning passion as I felt before when I joined this campaign for the first time. And I felt the campaign ended for me when we defeat Primal Deoxys.

Without Dice mechanic or other stuff that makes scenes cool and challenge I not exactly...excited to continue...I think will also do some final instructions for Heart, and let Heart return to Sinnoh and let he do his thing to rebuild his Clan....and that's it.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Hmm well, I actually am still hyped and eager to progress, there are still a few things I'd like Shiva to do or accomplish. Most of these involve her Pokemon or exploring areas the group hasn't been during the journey, and finish up some still-ongoing quests she's on. Need to spend some time and energy first though to dig through notes to fully figure out actions, which I haven't had as of latest unfortunately. BUT Shiva's journey/story definitely isn't finished yet, at least from my standpoint.

I have not much of a problem to come up with the make-your-own-story aspect in contrary to you two, Spirit and Windos. Am even enjoying this freedom to a degree, in terms of doing things at my own pace!~ Like I said, these do-your-own-story posts do take me a a good amount of time to properly write up however (1h+), but when PrimalShadows is on hiatus due to vacation or similar, I'm definitely interested to progress a bit in this campaign. If Iron himself is fine and okay with this, that is.

Oh righr @Lord Windos, concerning Ventus: Before he'll drop out of things, he's still owing Shiva one of the two Halflife TMs that he picked up down the underground lab. Can you remember? It'd be for Curie, her smol and dear rescued Nucleon. Ventus more or less foreshadowed that gift himself, and I'd he happy to accept it before the chance is lost. Don't want to give up on such a decent move for the Nucleon, you see... It doesn't have to be a big scene or a scene at all (or we can play it out privately oustide the threads or something), but the important thing to me would be that she still gets the TM from Ven in some way.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Personally, I've not been as enthusiastic about the diceless portion either since the whole Lumineon thing.  There are still parts of the game that I wanted to try and wrap up to conclude Nathan's story (at least as far as present events go), but I've not exactly been making it a priority because a) I've been focusing on Primal Shadows, which is a decently sized project of its own, and b) I noticed that there's a distinct lack of posts from Spirit and Windos in the post-deoxys scenario, and it only slowed down more after we obtained and revived the Genesect fossil.

It started to feel like Nathan was the only driving force behind the post game plot, which honestly hasn't been particularly fun to try and write for.  Not just because of a lack of energy/activity from other players, but also because the more fluid timeframes make it hard to really get a feel for how all the events are organized and removes most of the pressure from events that should be important to the plot.

Or in other words, it felt less like I was trying to 'drive' the plot, and more that I was 'dragging' it.  And in attempting to bring the group together for one last big mission (well, two), it also felt like I was dragging the rest of the players along too.

If we're not having fun as a group, it kinda saps the enthusiasm out of everyone.  I can't say I see everyone participating actively in the Mesprit mission, which is why I've been reluctant to actually make the call to start it despite being mostly done with all the non-trivial prep for it.

There's still the matter of the last of Nathan's major goals as an individual that I might attempt if Iron is up for it after we resolve how we're dealing with the Lake Trio thing.  The E4 challenge and the one battle I wanted to do to try and prep for it are still some of the very last things I wanted to do wigh Nathan, and I do want to at the very minimum get some solid endings for certain SR events and characters so I have a little more supporting material for other projects I'm involved in to varying degrees.  

But aside from that, everything else was something I wanted to be a group effort since they involved the whole party at some point or other, and SR really hasn't felt like a group effort at all in the post game.

So that's the long version of why I haven't been actively posting here recently.  I wouldn't really be happy with concluding the game here without some resolution of important plot threads that have been left hanging, though, particularly since those loose threads may affect other projects.
Quote:It started to feel like Nathan was the only driving force behind the post game plot, which honestly hasn't been particularly fun to try and write for.  Not just because of a lack of energy/activity from other players, but also because the more fluid timeframes make it hard to really get a feel for how all the events are organized and removes most of the pressure from events that should be important to the plot.
Or in other words, it felt less like I was trying to 'drive' the plot, and more that I was 'dragging' it.  And in attempting to bring the group together for one last big mission (well, two), it also felt like I was dragging the rest of the players along too.

To a degree, yes I have/had quite a similar feeling. But that was mostly since I was more interested in letting Shiva do some in-chara actions, following and partially finishing some personal ongoing quests she's on and enjoy activities with her dear Pokemon than actively progressing the plot, which kinda felt like Nathan's top-priority in the first place.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I could just tell you about the plot things I had planned, if you want. Doesn't have to be all played out if people have other priorities, which they obviously do. And I'll leave the thread open forever and you're always welcome to throw in whatever events you like.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."