Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
Aaaaaaahhhhhh the MetaThread went live while I was snoozing, AAAAAHHHHHHH so hyped! (⌒▽⌒)☆

I'm back from work now and am free for the rest of the day @Dragonstrike, so care to please send me a link with edit -permission of the provided charasheet? I'll make some tea and then get started on editing!~ Furthermore, can you send a link of the mentioned document holding the current map with just-read-access please? I'll still going to draw my own maps feat. more details and notes on checkered paper as we traverse MysteryDungeon because I just enjoy doing so, but I'll still use the doc as a reference or when lacking time/energy to draw myself.

Oh and YES I do have some questions:
  • ....Where's/what's with Karen? She has chosen to be sent to the world of PKMN too. Will you control her as an NPC, will she be present? Even if she ends up being amnesiac, Kee likes her too much to bid goodbye to her; I hope she still remembers his semi-last words about how much she means to him.

• If loosing all your Logic Points and basically becoming a feral and full-fledged 'Mon, will that mean GameOver for the character? I....actually hope it won't, as long as the chara can still remember the quest Arceus gave them and/or the other charas help them by insisting that they were human once, it should be fine, or so I think.... I'm mostly asking because in Kee's particular case, I don't especially see becoming a full 'Mon as something bad. It's more like...a completely fresh start for him, having hit the reset button so to say.

• Do defeated foes have a chance to drop treasure boxes or haven't they? Are the Exclusive Items from Time/Darkness/Sky a thing? Can I have a Joy Globe?

• The move Rest: Can it be used outside of battle/within a Mystery Dungeon to heal oneself? I don't intend to spam it, but if you're in a pinch and low on Heal Items, it could be a real lifesaver. You're basically sleeping for 2 full Rounds = roughly 12 seconds, and I'd surely make sure that now foes can catch me off-guard during that time by hiding at a secure spot, obscuring one's scent and so on.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
FYI, I've shared my character sheet with you, Dragonstrike mate! Have you gotten it, and if so, does everything look fine with it?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
EDIT: Oh no wait, I just figured out I can edit a copy of the sheet, duh. (^_^; )
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(03-30-2020, 11:42 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Aaaaaaahhhhhh the MetaThread went live while I was snoozing, AAAAAHHHHHHH so hyped! (⌒▽⌒)☆

I'm back from work now and am free for the rest of the day Dragonstrike, so care to please send me a link with edit -permission of the provided charasheet? I'll make some tea and then get started on editing!~ Furthermore, can you send a link of the mentioned document holding the current map with just-read-access please? I'll still going to draw my own maps feat. more details and notes on checkered paper as we traverse MysteryDungeon because I just enjoy doing so, but I'll still use the doc as a reference or when lacking time/energy to draw myself.

Oh and YES I do have some questions:
  • ....Where's/what's with Karen? She has chosen to be sent to the world of PKMN too. Will you control her as an NPC, will she be present? Even if she ends up being amnesiac, Kee likes her too much to bid goodbye to her; I hope she still remembers his semi-last words about how much she means to him.

• If loosing all your Logic Points and basically becoming a feral and full-fledged 'Mon, will that mean GameOver for the character? I....actually hope it won't, as long as the chara can still remember the quest Arceus gave them and/or the other charas help them by insisting that they were human once, it should be fine, or so I think.... I'm mostly asking because in Kee's particular case, I don't especially see becoming a full 'Mon as something bad. It's more like...a completely fresh start for him, having hit the reset button so to say.

• Do defeated foes have a chance to drop treasure boxes or haven't they? Are the Exclusive Items from Time/Darkness/Sky a thing? Can I have a Joy Globe?

• The move Rest: Can it be used outside of battle/within a Mystery Dungeon to heal oneself? I don't intend to spam it, but if you're in a pinch and low on Heal Items, it could be a real lifesaver. You're basically sleeping for 2 full Rounds = roughly 12 seconds, and I'd surely make sure that now foes can catch me off-guard during that time by hiding at a secure spot, obscuring one's scent and so on.

- Once we've started the game and entered a tiled Mystery Dungeon, I'll provide a read only link for the map, yes.  Don't have one set up quite yet, but you can expect it to appear in the game thread.

- Karen will be an NPC in the game. Should Mika ever return, he can continue playing as her if he wishes.

- hitting 0 logic and staying there will generally mean game over for the character, yes.  Depending on the circumstances, it may be possible to get back up to 1 logic before the effects become permanent.  Not having your human memories means not remembering details from your human life that may appear in the character specific sidequests I'm planning.  Plus, forgetting you're human may also mean forgetting what your original mission was entirely.

But yes, IC, it may also not be a negative thing in the long term for characters who weren't happy with their human lives, but that will depend on the circumstances.

- Treasure boxes will be present in this game, yes.  What they contain is a mystery until you open them!

- Rest (and other recovery moves) can be used to heal outside of battle, yes.
Can I also get access to my char sheet to begin preparations? I still only have the Dex of my Pokemon choice.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(03-30-2020, 12:28 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Can I also get access to my char sheet to begin preparations? I still only have the Dex of my Pokemon choice.

As Phantom noted, you can make an editable copy of the character sheet I provided, so no need to specifically ask for my help with that.

On desktop, go to File -> Make a Copy.

On mobile, click the settings drop down in the top right corner, then go to Share & export -> Make a Copy
(03-30-2020, 12:01 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: FYI, I've shared my character sheet with you, Dragonstrike mate! Have you gotten it, and if so, does everything look fine with it?

Can you please put that information on the new character sheet I created and linked on the first page of this meta thread, Windos?  I've done some fairly significant editing to it since creating the one we used for MCM, including cleaning up a lot of unnecessary information for this particular game (such as the removal of potions from the inventory tab) and doing a tiny bit of streamlining.
(03-30-2020, 12:53 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:01 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: FYI, I've shared my character sheet with you, Dragonstrike mate! Have you gotten it, and if so, does everything look fine with it?

Can you please put that information on the new character sheet I created and linked on the first page of this meta thread, Windos?  I've done some fairly significant editing to it since creating the one we used for MCM, including cleaning up a lot of unnecessary information for this particular game (such as the removal of potions from the inventory tab) and doing a tiny bit of streamlining.

Very well, I'll get to it mate.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

You know, out of curiosity, what's going to be everyone's secondary goals in exploring the Pokemon World? As in, stuff they'd like to do or investigate there? Might be a bit too early for me to raise this question, seeing as we don't know hecky about when or where in it our charas. will end up in it, but we can at least make some general assumptions, right?

Well, my first goal will be get lots of experience and training to get higher stats as quick as possible since my Pokemon have only have 4 of total HP and pretty low defenses. If I want to survive I must get the highest status of my Pokemon as possible. Along with put at least 3 in Brawl and Channel since both of them are 0. 

And raise Instinct to higher levels since we might need that too.

And find a Guild too. That place might have someone to help Kogeki get used to his form and maybe raise some stats according to what Dragonstrike mentioned.

And find Kogeki partners: Gama, Susano'o, Aspido, Nagi, Nami, Hime and everyone else.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.